Sushi, Pizza, and Tacos, we are all familiar with these tasty global delicacies. But let us broaden our food horizons and explore some of the more unknown, but equally (if not more) delicious cuisines of the world! We bring to you a delightful, spicy, and flavourful compilation of 3 of the most delicious world cuisines you simply have to try before the end of the year!
1. Middle Eastern/Oriental Cuisine
If the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Middle Eastern food is Hummus, you are not wrong! We love hummus, but there are so many more delightful and delectable dishes than just Hummus! Ranging from the Persian delicacy Tahdig to Syrian stuffed vegetables Mahshi and Kuwaiti Quwarmah Al Bajaj, there is something for everyone to try and enjoy!
Here are some of our favorites:
- Dolma – stuffed vine leaves. Depending on the region, these tasty starters can include nuts, rice, fruits, onion, and even lamb. The perfect finger food!
- Tabbouleh – A finely chopped, fresh Lebanese salad with parsley, tomatoes, Bulgur wheat, mint, onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. A fresh and zesty salad, perfect for hot summer days!
- Moutabal and Baba Gannouj – Both the Moutabal and Baba Gannouj revolve around the same vibrant purple vegetable, the eggplant. They both include smoked eggplant and either yogurt and tahini or molasses and pomegranate.
- Manakeesh – is a Middle Eastern pizza, originating from Lebanon. Flatbread or dough served with cheese, za’atar spice, or meat. This treat can be folded, sliced, and snacked on any occasion!
- Baklawa – These sweets are made from hundreds of layers of dainty pastry and are flavored with nuts, syrups, and honey. Often you can find platters of these beautifully arranged sweets at the end of any dinner.
Vietnamese cuisine centralizes around healthy meals which are full of herbs and flavor. Ingredients used are fresh, natural Vietnamese cuisine that has inspiration from neighboring countries such as Thailand, China, Laos, and Cambodia, and remnants of French colonialism, which have all formed the distinct cuisine.
4 Vietnamese dishes you should consider trying:
- Pho – The national dish of Vietnam. Pho is famous for its rich chicken or meat broth flavored with zesty ginger and coriander served with rice noodles, and meat, with aromatic spring onion and greens.
- Goi Cuon – These transparent rice paper spring rolls are filled with mint, coriander, shrimp, or minced pork. They are delicious and fresh appetizers to start any meal and are even tastier when dipped in a rich peanut sauce.
- Banh mi – Inspired by the french, this sandwich-based snack has a base of baguette, filled with pork, pate, or beef and an array of fresh vegetables. The perfect street food snack!
- Banh Xeo – Are Vietnamese-style sizzling pancakes containing shrimp, pork, and vegetables, dipped in a delightful fish sauce (nuoc cham).
3. South Korean
South Korean cuisine has also been gaining popularity in recent years. Korean cuisine, much
like the Middle Eastern, is centered around tradition and recipes passed on through the generations. Korean cuisine showcases some of the best stews, meats, noodles, and fermentation techniques. Something is sure, this cuisine is delicious and flavorsome!
Let’s look into a few dishes we recommend you to try:
- Bibimbap – This is a bowl of colorful mixed ingredients such as rice, vegetables, mushrooms, sauce, meat and is famous for its centerpiece an egg: sometimes fried, other times raw.
- Gogigui – known as the Korean BBQ, is not just a meal, but a full-on dining experience. This meal includes cooking your selection of meats and vegetables over a grill built into the center of your table.
- Kimchi – Don’t let the sound of pickled, spicy, fermented cabbage scare you. This is one of the most traditional and delicious dishes that Korean cuisine has to offer. Kimchi comes with nearly every dish you receive in Korea, so make sure to indulge.
- Japchae – A delicious, traditional stir fry noodle dish made from sweet potato glass noodles. Famous for its sweet and savory taste, each chef has their unique spin on this dish!
There we have it, the 3 delicious world cuisines you should try before 2022. Which one are you the most excited to try out?
If you are a food lover and aspire to become a chef or a culinary expert, we recommend registering we recommend Hospitality Academy. With numerous campuses including one in Miami and Barcelona, this hospitality school not only provides you with theoretical education knowledge but also guarantees you paid work experience in luxury hotels and restaurants in the United States and Europe.
Additionally, guaranteed paid work experience, Hospitality Academy further provides visa- support services to their students and ensure that they enjoy their travel as well as their educational experience If you are interested in learning more about how Hospitality Academy can help you develop and enhance your hospitality career, you can email email@example.com!